Life Raft (T4) Raft FAA Type II, 4-Man FAR135 Kit (No 406 ELT), with Watermaker
These life rafts have a lanyard-activated, manually-operated carbon
dioxide (CO2) inflation system. A manually-operated hand pump, secured
to the boarding station handle affords full inflation, or topping off of
the flotation chambers, if required. Each of the two compartmentalized
chambers in maintained to equal pressure by individual pressure relief
valves – one in each chamber.
Miscellaneous accessories are contained about the raft perimeter.
Appropriate instructions for the use of these accessories are printed on
the tube and deck. A raft instruction manual is tied to the boarding
handle on the deck.
Each raft has a canopy which is stowed with survival kit items that
are contained in a red or yellow accessory case attached by a line to a
raft life line loop. The canopy contains a door opening with a roll up
door cover and a rainwater collector in the top or roof panel. Canopy
rods and a center mast are provided to support the canopy when it is
erected. The canopy, its center mast and supporting rods are encased in
a protective bag. Canopy sides can be raised or lowered as required.
In the Non-Transport Series rafts which have Federal Aviation Regulation
(FAR) Part 135 survival equipment, the raft has a radar reflector which
is an integral part of the canopy. Life rafts with survival equipment
under FAR part 121 rules do not require, and thus do not have, a radar
reflector unless ordered as a special option.
RAFT SPECIFICATIONS: Life Raft, 4-Man
- Rated Capacity: 4 Persons
- Overload Capacity: 6 Persons
- Total Tube Buoyancy: 881 lbs. (399.62 kg)
- Deck Area per Person (at rated capacity): 3.70 sq ft (0.34 sq m)Custom Packs Available.
Radio Beacons, Emergency locator Transmitters,
Watermakers and Specialized Survival Kits Available.Notes:
- Dimensions and weights shown are nominal and do not allow for pack expansion or swelling.
- Tolerances of actual pack dimensions:
-For dimensions of 5.5 inches and less = -0.25/+1.0 inches.
-For dimensions greater than 5.5 inches: = +/- 0.5 inches.
- For stowage compartment clearance, allow additional 0.5 to 1.5 inches in excess of final pack dimensions.
- Tolerance of actual pack weight = +/- 3.0 lbs.
- Allow additional 2.0 to 4.0 lbs weight when ELT installed.